We encourage our customers to visit our branches only for essential banking services that cannot be conducted either through our digital services, phone banking or self-service banking machines. Sunday Banking services will be unavailable during this period.
We will dedicate the first hour of banking operations to serving the elderly as well as customers who have disabilities or who are pregnant.
Financial and wealth management advisory services will be strictly by appointment only and customers will be required to use the TraceTogether app.
If you must visit us for your essential banking needs, please note we have enhanced precautionary measures in place to ensure a safe environment for those inside the branch. Our precautionary measures include:
- Temperature screening for all customers, colleagues, suppliers and visitors entering our buildings and branches.
- Requiring visitors to complete health and travel self-declarations as well as check-in and check-out via SafeEntry when accessing our buildings and branches.
- Declining entry to anyone who:
- Is not wearing a mask;
- Has a temperature of 37.5°C and above;
- Has travelled overseas in the last 14 days;
- Is on a Quarantine or Isolation Order, Stay Home Notice (‘SHN’), or medical certificate for respiratory symptoms; and
- Has been in close contact with any person who has been quarantined as a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Ensuring that our branch colleagues wear face masks and use hand sanitisers during your visit. Please be assured that our colleagues will not come to work if they are unwell.
- Applying safe distancing measures including reducing the number of customers within a branch at any point in time and ensuring one metre spacing between customers when in the branch. Our Safe Distancing Ambassadors will be there to guide you as necessary.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning at our branches, buildings and ATMs.
- Applying a commercial grade self-disinfecting coating that kills germs and bacteria at high-touch areas including branch counters, meeting areas and ATMs.
We apologise for the inconvenience these changes may cause for some and seek your understanding and patience as we balance the need to provide banking services while keeping all safe.
 TraceTogether is a mobile application developed by the Ministry of Health and Government Technology Agency (GovTech) to support existing nationwide efforts to combat COVID-19 by enabling community-driven contact tracing.
 SafeEntry is a national digital check-in system that records the names, NRIC/FINs and mobile numbers of individuals visiting hotspots, workplaces of essential services, as well as selected public venues to facilitate contact tracing efforts.